Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Catch up to this point

So since Momma Julie checked out the first post and it works it looks like it's time to catch everyone up to this point.
Well the movers came to my apartment on November 16th and they literally had everything in there packed up and in the truck in 3 hours. There were 3 different guys who came and they knew exactly what they were doing. Eric and I sat on the porch with the 2 dogs and just ate Bojangles (since there's no Bojangles in Florida). After that move I'm not sure if we'll ever do a DITY (Do IT Yourself) move. We started driving on the mid morning of the 17th and 11 hours later we were at our new home. It was FREEZING. I thought we were moving to Florida to get away from the cold. Eric kept saying..."but it's November and winter" and I replied, "But it's FLORIDA". Since we've been here it's been pretty chilly but somewhat sunny....Today was the exception (huge downpour).
The movers delivered everything two days after we got here. I'm still in the process of unpacking and hanging pictures. I'm just hoping I get everything unpacked before it's time to move again!
Well a lot of people are asking about the house. I like our little house. The color scheme is right up my alley. Thank you God for no hot pink or purple rooms! The spare bedrooms are a bit on the smaller side but one is going to be Eric's study room/office. Once API and Primary start he'll be spending a lot of time in there. I'm going to make that my project (the walls only have Kilz on them).
The back yard is a bit small but the dogs aren't really out there much anyways. Our neighbors are really nice. There's two older guys (partners) that live beside us and they are really nice, they've baked us bread and muffins twice already since we've been here. The lady across the street is on the older side and seems really nice...She's a real church goer. All our neighbors are quite talkative.
The house is in a good location. We're about 2 miles from the "strip" that has all the stores, malls, restaurants, and Walmart on it. We're right by the Escambia bay and our exit on I-10 overlooks the I-10 bridge and the bay. (Can't swim in the bay though). It's close to the center of the two bases that Eric will need to go to.
We did take the dogs to the dog beach twice already. They've gotten to get in the water and play on the beach before I've walked barefoot on the sand yet (too chilly for me). Zoe finally learned to swim and Sasha is in her element at that beach. It's like she turns back into a puppy when we get to the doggie beach. Here's a quick video of Zoe's first swim (and her putting an annoying dog with no discipline in their place).


We did go to this restaurant on the bay called The Fish House.....It was soo pretty. They have this dish called Grits A Ya-Ya. It was grits with shrimp, applewood smoke bacon, Gouda, and soo much more. So Good.


Eric got his stash job at the National Museum of Naval Aviation. He gets to help in the back portion in the restoration hanger. His project is restoring a RF-8A Crusader. I'll post more about the types of planes but I got to take a tour today. There's a plane in there that was owned by Howard Hughes and played a big role in the surrendering of Japan in WWII. I also got to see 4 of the 7 Blue Angles take off to practice. There runway is directly behind the hanger Eric works at and their hanger is about 200 yards away.


Well I think that's long enough for now. I'll be able to write a bit shorter posts from here on out since we're all caught up to this point.
Love Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment