Saturday, April 17, 2010

API has begun and so is my job

Well this has been a great and long two weeks. It started when Momma Julie and Dylan came down to visit. We were able to see the Blue Angels practice and go to the beach. It was awesome getting to share all of Pensacola with family. The dogs did well with having Abby here and Zoe didn't attack her. YIPEE!!! Sasha wasn't a huge fan of a puppy but she's a diva...what can we say. They got to stay for several days but left a little early because Eric found out he was getting to start API a week early. That was good and bad news since he's getting to start flight school but it also cut into the time of their visit and caught us off guard a bit. But Flight School as officially begun! I took off on Friday the 8th to go to Texas and visit family there while Eric stayed back to become a PILOT!

This past Thursday at 0525 we made it back from Texas and it was a great trip. We crammed a lot of stuff into such a short time. I got to see the implosion of the old Texas Stadium and I got to tour the new Cowboys Stadium and let's just say, "WOW". It was amazing getting to see the new stadium. I got to walk out on the field and get my picture taken in the center star.

I also got to see into the Cowboys locker room and the cheerleaders' locker room as well. So crazy how big it is and the attention to detail they had while making it. There's actually granite in the Club lounge that's from Canada that has flecks of "cowboy blue" in it when the light hits it.
We also went to the horse races for Grandpa Buck's birthday. It was awesome getting to see more of the family. And one of my favorite parts was getting to see my new niece Emalee and seeing how much Dafnee has grown up.

Dafnee asking Courtnee if she can hold Emalee....Soo Cute!

My mom and I made the trip back to Pensacola and it was a lot of fun having her at our home. We've been working on redecorating the guest room since we broght back a queen size bed. It's looking great and we're replacing our old craigslist couch with her couch from home. I'm loving it!
I've got one day left to clean the house and get things ready because on Monday I start my new job at Pain Consultants of West Florida. It's going to be fun but it'll be busy around the house since Eric started API last Friday.
Here's a small video that a previous class made about how API will go. On top of this video there's A LOT of studying going on.
Eric started last Friday and he's been studying about 8-9 hours a day on top of classes in the morning. He had a test last Friday and has another test on Tuesday. They started a new way of "grading" and I think it's added a lot of stress on all the new students that are starting API and Eric's class is the first one that's "testing" this out. I think it's going well but we're about to have a very busy 6 weeks ahead of us.
I love everyone and am going to go ahead and apologize for both of us if we're not able to return phone calls in a timely manner but we'll both try hard to keep everyone up to date.
There may be more quick "text only" posts on here with a fewer pictures since uploading pictures is the longest part of it.
We love everyone and can't wait to see ya'll soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment