Saturday, July 24, 2010

We're Sailing Along Down Here

So we're back to the house and we both officially have our Skipper B sailing certifications. It was a two part course. Two Saturdays in a row. Last weekend we sailed this little boat called a SunFish.

Well I should say that Eric got to sail the SunFish, I got to flip it over 10 times. To my defense our instructor wasn't exactly on top of his game. I did learn how to "right" the boat pretty well. I also got the mast stuck in the mud 2 of those 10 times. Let's just say I was not a big fan of sailing last weekend.
But we did go back this morning and we got to sail the Hunter 17'
I enjoyed it a lot more today because we didn't flip over. For the most part Eric was in charge of the boom and the rudder and I was in charge of the jib sail. Here's some pictures of us actually on the boat.



Once we log 10 hours on the little 17' we're allowed to take out the Hunter 22' Catalina! As of right now though, they don't have the Catalina in the water because of the oil and the damage it might do to that boat.


As far as what's going on day to day. Here's a little overview of the past month.

Eric is assigned to VT-3, which is the training squadron (Traron) that will fly the T-6's
Eric will get to start Primary on August 16th. Until then he has a stash job with HT8 which is a Advanced Helo Squadron. On Monday he'll have is first 12 hour shift. Depending on how this "job" goes, he may be taking leave until Primary starts up.

As for me and my job situation. As of last Monday we're now down 2 people in the front office. Which is a good and bad thing. Good because the person that I had the most problems with in the office has quit and bad because that leaves us so short handed that it just makes more work for the rest of us. It's going though. It's still just a temporary job and I just remind myself of that.

As some of you may have heard we were thinking of investing in our first home. We went and spoke to the realtor about it and got to see the inside.
I'm in love with this little house and it would be a great investment property because it is so close to Whiting Field and we'd most likely always keep it rented and make a profit off of it but financially right now with the whole "paying off taxes" it just doens't seem feasible. If it's still on the market after October 22nd then we just might see!

I'm excited that my Dad and Momma Lee are coming to visit and we're going to see about taking them sailing. I've already asked for that time off and am ready for that little bit of vacation and family. After they leave I think Heather and Momma Angela are on their way too! I just want everyone to know that we're soo excited and happy when family is able to come and there's always the open invitation to everyone to get down here!

Here's a couple other pictures that ya'll might be interested in:
And I guess one of the most important thing this past month is that both Eric and I are another year older. Happy Birthday to us!
We love you and hope you've enjoyed what seems to be the monthly blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment