Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nov. 8, 2010 -- Big Day!!!

So the big news is that Eric has completed his first check ride and his first solo on Monday!!!! He's now completed about the first third of his training. He'll have 2 more check rides after he learns different aspects of flying (such as flying with radio instruments only and aerobatics). He still has big things to look forward to such as a cross-country (some of the NFO's have gone as far as Colorado, it all depends on his instructor). Here are some pictures from the big 11-8-10 Monday Day!!!!




You may be wondering why Eric got thrown into a pool (a very COLD pool of water). It's an Air Force tradition (and since VT-3 is technically an AF squadron) to throw the student into the pool after their first solo. Now it didn't go like it's suppose to but at Whiting they are a little different. Traditionally if the student can make it back to the maintence hanger and check the plane back in without the other guys catching him and throwing him in the pool then they all owe the student a drink. Now here they've changed it to say that if the student that just soloed decides not to be thrown in then that student owes the instructors a case of beer (that way it's technically not hazing).

He kind of had the day off today, meaning he wasn't on the schedule. He did get some work done so he doesn't have to get up so early. Tomorrow he'll head back to the simulators to practice the aerobatic techniques that will be tested in this block. After the sims he'll reenter the plan and practice those same aerobatic techniques.

Now as far as how I'm doing. It was also a big day for me on Monday as well. I put in my two weeks notice at work and am one step closer to being able to start my fitness company. It's been a long road but it's getting closer! The program set up called MyCAA is still in the process to "fund" my certifications and schooling to offically have the title of Personal Trainer. I've got a lot of planning that has to take place prior to taking my first client but at least without this stressful job I'll have more time to do that and maintain the house. It's crazy how busy it's been around here. Between Eric's flight school and my 40-hour week job. It's rough trying to maintain household chores and the dogs care.

I've got a couple more crafts planned and who knows....maybe one day I'll make some money off selling this stuff.

We're looking forward to Thanksgiving and as of right now we're headed to Texas! I'm going to take Eric to the new Cowboy's stadium (even though they are horrible this year, their stadium is still awesome). I'm so excited!!!


We love everyone and can't wait for the holidays so we're able to see and hug everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment