So Eric officially has 8 flights left that are usually done 2 at a time so only approximately 4 days left of flying. If the weather holds out that means he may get done with flying before next Monday which means he would be up for selections next Thursday (2-10-11). Just a quick summary on what might be coming up. Eric will finish primary, then the much anticipated Selections (which always happens on a Thursday). At selections he'll find out whether he received strike (Hornets or Harriers), helos (helicopters), meritime (C-130), or tilt-rotary (Ospreys). Our options for moving is either Kingsville, TX or Meridian, MS (strike), Corpus Christi (meritime), or stay in Pensacola (Helos or first part of Osprey training). As you all may know we're hoping for Meridian, MS first due to it's location (equal distance to Texas and North Carolina) but I wouldn't hate if we got Kingsville, TX only because I could finally call myself a Texan again! Either way, I have no control over where we go next and we just make the best of it and thank the Marine Corps for Eric's job.
After selections we may be moving in a week or as long as a month, it all depends on his report date and when training starts for Advance. After Advance, Eric will have a winging ceremony where he officially becomes a Marine Corps Pilot!
As far as what's going on for me.... I'm officially going in for my pre-op for my tonsil removal on Feb 7th and have the surgery scheduled for Feb 15th. The pre-op and the actual surgery should be right in the middle of Eric's selections. Eric has checked about being able to prolong the moving in case in runs into the recovery time and we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Unfortunately the surgery is right at the wrong time in this process but since the future of where we're moving and what kind of medical facility they'll have I don't want to leave too much to chance. It's time that these tonsils come out and I stop getting sick when we go on vacations. I'll be putting in quite a bit more time at work prior to the surgery so I can try and get some money in the bank before the next step.
I've been approved by the MyCAA and should be receiving all the study material for my NASM Certified Personal Training certification. I'll have 180 days to study and take the test and it should be more than enough time but this is one of the best of the best in National Certifications so it's very in-depth. I'll have to remember how to study again. Up until now, Eric's been the one locked in his office spending hours studying. Now we'll both be at our desks.
Other than work and finishing up, there's not too much more going on. We are going to be hosting the Superbowl Party this year. It only seemed appropriate since Green Bay's in it and they're playing it at the new Cowboys Stadium. My team may not be playing in it but hopefully Tony Romo can show Aaron Rogers where the dressing room is!
Until later....We love you and hope to see you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment