So it was back to the grindstone today (well for me anyways, Eric had it "off"). The first day back to work was rough because even though I did a good job of working on my sleep schedule the first two weeks of work, it was all "ruined" by our amazing trip to Nashville. We packed up the girls and headed out on Friday at about 5pm. We got up there in time to get to Kelli's apartment and change and then she got home about 30 mins later. We went out and started enjoying the festivities in downtown Nashville on Broadway. It was so much fun to hear live country music and although there's not the typical two-stepping like there is in Texas, there's plenty of energy and excitement to compensate. We slept in on Saturday and go to hang out before Kelli had to go back to work at 3pm. Eric and I got to eat some AMAZING food while we were down there. Just a few are Demo's (ohhhh, their bread), Jack's BBQ, The Flying Saucer's pretzels, and then even Jack's left overs were awesome. So while Kelli was at work, Eric and I got to tour the city. We walked up and down Broadway and Commerce, walked into some of the little museums on the side roads, and got to leisurely enjoy Nashville (in the heat). On Sunday we got these free passes to "Discover Nashville" from Kelli and it was basically Nashville on Cliffsnotes. We got to see inside the Ryman (which use to be one of the home of the Grand Ol Opry), drive by the Parthenon (which we later went back and got some pictures of), go into the Country Music Hall of Fame, and get a whole lot of trivia that I didn't know about Nashville!
It was definitely a great experience and we got a whole lot of Nashville in 3.5 hours. I've posted the pictures I took up on facebook and also on www.gallowayadventure.shutterfly.com
But now we're back and in full force. I went to work this morning, got to start working on commercial auto policies (yippee) and I also followed up on my NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) and realized I have exactly 30 days to take the exam. I've read over some things back when I got the book in January but then put it away and didn't really pull it back out until recently. I should be okay but it'll be a lot to cram into a little time frame. I know one thing....these next 30 days will be busier than I was expecting. I'm not letting up on my work or the house and I'm going to try and fit at least 2-3 hours of studying in at night. So once again....I'm sorry if I seem distant. All I know is that we need to keep Eric learning how to fly these jets as first priority. I can always go back and retake the test or do laundry later but I really want him to know what he needs to know so he get his first choice of jets and come home safely!
Well back to studying and we love you all!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment