Sunday, July 17, 2011

The games are over and now back to work!

Well as you may know, the USA lost today to Japan for the World Cup final. It was intense but overall very disappointing that they couldn't hold on to the win. We did have friends over and had some great bratwurst and sides so it wasn't all a let-down. It was also a nice day that gave us both breaks from our weekly work!
Now for updates:
Eric was scheduled for his first fam flight last Friday but due to weather it was cancelled. He's scheduled for duty tomorrow from 2:30 to late tomorrow so he won't be flying tomorrow either. We'll see tomorrow night if he's on the schedule for Tuesday. There's approximately 10 flights in the fams block and then he'll go to OCO (out of control flight) but as you know..the order could change anytime.
My studying is going well. It's a lot of material and it's very in-depth. I even have to know common medications and what they're used for, and what they do to the heart rate and blood pressure. Overall I feel fairly comfortable about the material I've read so far and I'm done with 8 of the 18 chapters with my test being on August 6th @ 1PM in Jackson. My main goal is to get it done but I really want to fully know all the material so I can crush this test and have no questions or uneasy feeling while actually taking the test. I want to walk out of there knowing that I earned the NASM certification!
Other then that (and due to our busyness) not much more has happened.
We love you and will hopefully see you all soon!
Semper Fi from Eric and Semper Gumby from me!
Here's pictures of the American flag that we made from streamers for the World Cup game today (and the girls with their medals):
 


No comments:

Post a Comment