Monday, December 12, 2011

The Trip Calendar is Official!

I never realized that everyone actually looks at the calendar I make up. I thought I just did it for my own OCD tendencies. But...after getting the questions of where and when we're going to be somewhere...it makes sense. The calendar is really the best way to get the word out.
So the breakdown of the calendar... We've set aside at least 2 days (with 2 nights) for each stop. While we're in Boone/Avery Co we're using one of our days to snowboard (either the 22nd or 23rd, depends on weather) which we're planning on Dylan and his friend will join up there. I'm sure the small points of it all are still to be determined but overall....we know where we're going to sleep at night. We just tried to make the least amount of driving and stress for everyone. Plus, after Zoe attacked Sasha a couple years, we decided we need to make it easy for the dogs too. So wait no more....here's the official calendar:
Once again, I believe you should be able to click on the image and it should open up big in another window. If for any reason you can't see it, just let me know and I can email it to you.
Now as far as the happenings around here. The big news (and it even ties into our trip) is we'll be driving up to North Carolina in my PAID OFF Mazda 3. That's right....I've been working since June 15th and have been paying a large amount each month to give ourselves a big gift of "no more car payment" for Christmas. Well that and our other gift of being able to take over Kelli's old '98 Jeep Wrangler as our new toy. It'll be our new summer vehicle and it'll help me out a lot by being the new "dog car". It seems like I can't keep my car clean because we're always throwing the girls in it and there's always dog hair everywhere. I plan on getting my PAID OFF Mazda (sorry...I'm excited) cleaned and detailed and that way it'll stay nice and non-doggy. We should be able to get everything fixed on the Jeep by the time we leave NC and will be able to drive that back down to Meridian with us!
Eric has finished (for the most part) his night flights and now he should just be flying during the day until it's time for the carrier (the do a night carrier landing). I'm not gonna say much on his flying because I know we'll be talking a lot about it in person and it's so much better when he tells the stories because he gets all excited and passionate about it. Just be sure to stop him if you need him to explain the acronyms. Don't worry, he's use to it....I stop him 20 times in 3 minutes so he can explain it more in detail.
Overall, I just can't explain how excited we are to be getting out of Meridian, MS and get home!!!! We can't wait to see everyone and it seems like 8 days is never long enough. With that being said...our first choice for his fleet-jet is F-18 Hornets in Beaufort, SC which means we'll be so much closer and on the beach again!
Well much love and we'll see you in a week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment