So I wanted to get this out there since we just found out something. Apparently there will be a Navy-Wide exercise going on the week of Eric's winging date that was planned for March 23rd. They've sent out an email stating that the base will be shut down and the flightline will basically be off limits due to this exercise. Apparently there's a Navy-wide exercise being performed where they'll be practicing what to do if something really bad happened. They say they do this every year but this is the first we've ever heard of it. So as of now the March 23rd date is OFF. We don't know when it'll be but as soon as we know something we'll pass the message along. Once again this is why the motto Semper Gumby (Always Changing) was put into place. I'm sorry for any inconvenience and we'll keep you all informed as soon as we know something.
On that same note, as soon as we do have a new date I'll need to get a count for everyone who's coming (I know that now is dependant on when the date is) so I can get hotel rooms scheduled for everyone. Obviously our house is way to small and we wanted to coordinate so everyone could stay in the same hotel together. Being that Meridian is soo small there aren't many choices for hotels and we may need enough rooms to plan in advance to guarantee everyone a spot to sleep.
Also, the trip to New Orleans is still in planning but then again with the new date of a winging it'll be up in the air as well. If there is anything that anyone wanted to do when we get to New Orleans just let me know and I'll add it to the "itinerary". There are a couple ideas that we've heard of that we are looking into, such as:
-The National WWII Museum, http://www.nationalww2museum.org/index.html
-Steamboat Natchez Riverboat Dinner Jazz Cruise, http://www.steamboatnatchez.com/
-French Quarter (of course), http://frenchquarter.com/
-One of the many Notorious Cemeteries, http://www.nolacemeteries.com/ Such as Lafayette Cemetery No.1 which is one of the oldest in the city, http://www.nolacemeteries.com/lafayette1.html
-Eat a Beignet at Cafe Du Monde, http://www.cafedumonde.com/main.html
So obviously I've been looking into events in New Orleans and I'm excited to go and celebrate Eric winging and becoming an official Naval Aviator....now all we need is a new winging date.
We love you all and will keep you informed as soon as we know something!
No comments:
Post a Comment