Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Between Key West and Texas

So Eric is in Key West and has been enjoying his time so far. He flew in on the NALO (Navy operated flight) on noon on Monday after he finished his flight in Meridian. He got into Key West and settled into the BOQ. He had a brief on that day and then they had the rest of the night to eat dinner and enjoy Key West. After several of the guys found out that they weren't on the schedule for Tuesday they used that day to go swimming and snorkeling through a program with the MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation). The guys had dinner at Hogfish and turned in for an early night. Today they rented scooters and drove around Key West. Apparently there was a funny video that Eric took where 2 of the more muscular guys were on one scooter together. I can't wait to see that video!
Eric made it a really early night tomorrow because he has a 6am brief tomorrow morning to do a practice work-up. Typically they do this work-up the day before or the morning before they head to the boat to do their CQ's (Carrier Qualifications). Eric said he was only on the schedule in the morning to do the work-up so there's a good chance that he'll head to the boat on Friday. They typically spend 2 days on the boat (an overnight trip) and would be done on Saturday. If all that works out they've been told that they may fly back on Sunday.
I've heard that there's been a lot of guys that have successfully qualified but there also have been a couple who have DQ'd. Once again keep Eric in your prayers and lets hope he goes on Friday and completes his CQ's!!!
While Eric's been in Key West I took a trip to Texas to see family here. I went to the Dallas Children's Aquarium with Treva, Courtnee, Dafnee, and Emalee. We had so much fun and it was great to spend time with them. I'm actually planning on meeting Edward tomorrow at Raytheon for a tour of his work. Not sure what I'll get to see but I've been told I can't take pictures, so it might be cool!
Well, hopefully the next time you hear from me I'll be able to report that Eric has either headed to the boat or has completed his CQ with positive news.
We love you and keep on praying!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment