Well it's that time again for a big update post!
First things first, Eric should be on his way back home on Tuesday. He found out yesterday that he should be riding the fuel cargo plane back. As we all know, that could change but it's exciting to at least hear something!
He had his last flight 2 days ago and well....it didn't end so well. He had a great flight but at the end on his last bombing run he made a silly mistake that caused him to down (fail) the flight. From what I understand, he turned the wrong way when he was in his bombing pattern (the distinct flight path they take to be "sneaky" before they drop a bomb) which caused him to be about a mile off his target. He had to redo some SIMs yesterday and he'll redo the flight when he gets home. It's not the worst that could happen but nobody ever wants to mess up because they all take such pride in their work. All the guys I've met out here are so humble and it's partly because the jet they're flying is so difficult. They also are their worst critics and so it frustrates them when they make a silly mistake. So the final flight was a little bittersweet but on my behalf....I just am excited he's done and will be home soon!
There's so much to catch him up on when he gets home because as of two days ago...they began clearing the land! Len, our real estate agent, is actually the one clearing it and that worked out best for us because he knew how much we wanted to keep some of the trees. He went through and began clearing what was necessary for the builders but we were able to save several beautiful white oaks in our back yard. The rest of the white oaks that had to come down are being saved for some furniture and bar tops. I'd like to keep as much of the original wood as we can and keep it on the property, just in a different way! We'll take it to a local lumber yard and they can cut it and plane it for us for much cheaper than we would buy it. Plus then it has meaning.
Today I took the dogs to the lot and they got to run around in their new back yard! Len came out this morning and we now have a driveway and drainage in the front! I took some more pictures and those are up on the shutterfly share page. You can find the link to the right under "Extra Links" labeled "Picture & Video Shutterfly Page". The actual finished house pictures are of the "model home" that's already built. As soon as we start putting up walls I'll delete those so it's not confusing.
I'm trying to upload video but it doesn't want to cooperate so hopefully it'll work soon and stop making my computer freeze.
Well...I think that pretty sums up the interesting things that are happening now. We love you all and can't wait to see everyone soon....Also a big "shout-out" to Marvin because it's his BIRTHDAY today!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment