Friday, February 22, 2013

Beginnings and Endings

Hello again! It's time for an update!
In regards to the house, the lot is purchased and they're waiting for a couple warm days to let the land dry out so they can begin clearing the lot! They have the backhoe there but just sitting on the road. I've attached a picture of our lot from http://gis.cravencountync.gov/maps/map.htm.
There's also pictures on our shutterfly account of the land and the surrounding area. (www.gallowayadventure.shutterfly.com)
Please pray for some warm days because as of right now, the weather channel is not showing good news.
There's a lot of research that's going on right now to make sure that we've got most of the answers before any questions are being asked. Looking now for fencing options, insurance options, and making our list of needed items once we move in (washer/dryer, blinds, etc.)
In addition to the house, I've been recruited to be in charge of donations for the upcoming fundraiser/event that Nauti Paws and our charity (Passion for Paws) will be holding on April 13th. There's a black tie Ball that's coming up and I will be traveling around New Bern to find all donations that will be raffled or auctioned off at the Ball. Apparently this has been the most chaotic part of the Fur Ball for the last 3 years so her I am to the rescue. Funniest part about this is that I'm working with another lady who happens to be married to one of the big BIG Lt. Col's at Cherry Point. This guy is not only Eric's boss but actually Eric's bosses boss! Better keep my manners around her, hahaha, especially because I'm the one who will be telling her what I need her to do. Oh how the tides are different between military ranks and their spouses.
Now for Eric's update. Although we don't get to talk much (about 10-15 mins a day), I can tell he's doing well. Even though he's tired and ready to be home, he doesn't sound as stressed as he was when he first got there. The time management is the hardest part there because they only have a limited amount of time and jets to schedule and have everyone complete the curriculum. They're basically pushing these old jets to their limits. Because of all the stress on the jets, they'll have 3-4 days after flying to allow maintenance to get everything safe to fly back across the US. He's still not scheduled to head back till the first week of March (we hope). Not sure what his schedule will hold when he gets back but at least he'll be around for the building of the house!!
Well...I think that's all now but I'll try and keep up on updates as they're happening

No comments:

Post a Comment