Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

Our days are passing quick and we're both very busy these days but good things are all in the works.
Eric has 4 flights left in normal training. He'll have 3 ACM (Air Combat Maneuver/ Dog Fighting) flights and then the final flight is the most planned out flight that he'll have. He has to coordinate a total and complete flight. After those 4 flights then he'll have some transitional flights that will get him ready for joining a squadron. Still not sure which squadron he'll be joining but it's between 223 and 231 because 542 is supposedly full.
I've been busy with work, Fur Ball volunteer work (coordinating and picking up all donations), and the house. All of which will be completed and I can enjoy the endings. I have actually seen the blessing in collecting all the donations though. Since we're still fairly new to the area, it's given me a great chance to find businesses and talk to the owners of these businesses. I've met so many more people that are a big part of this community and it makes it feel more like we're a part of this town.
Eric and I also have our first co-ed soccer game on Tuesday at 6pm. It was suppose to be last Sunday but the weather was nasty so it got postponed. It'll be nice to put the cleats back on and get back on the field. Also that will get Eric and I back out and exercising more. Over the last couple months I've been working on loosing weight and as of this morning I'm 2 pounds away from loosing 20 pounds. With all this stress going on, it feels like it's slowing down so soccer will be pushing it on.
Now as far as the house....They started last Monday and within this past week our framing team came and went and they're done. This next week they're suppose to begin with the electrical, plumbing, shingling, and siding. Supposedly those should all be done this week. From what they're saying, we're still set to meet our closing on May 30th.
When Len cleared the lot he put most of the trees cleared on the back of the lot for us to use as firewood or part of our decor. Today, Eric and I went out to the house and while I was taking video and pictures, Eric started up his chainsaw. He hasn't even started his chainsaw up in a couple years and it got a great awakening tonight. While he cut, I collected and started stacking. We still have A LOT of wood left to clean up but we have another 2 months to work on that.
Here's the video that we've created....

and so you'll aren't excited... Even though we used the Garth Brooks song...we're not expecting....but we're getting a house ready at least.
If that video didn't show up then you can follow this link: http://youtu.be/ROcRDPEwM3E



No comments:

Post a Comment