Monday, January 11, 2010

Meeting new people and Football

So first off I just want to say.... "Wahoo, the Cowboys have won their first playoff game since 1996!" For the Cowboy/Eagle game we went over to a fellow Lt that works at the museum with Eric and they had this potluck dinner. We got to meet some new people, eat good food, and watch Great Football. The next night we went to a place called Will Call in downtown Pensacola to watch the Packers play the Cardinals. Lets just say, the night didn't end great for Eric. Everyone was very impressed by the Packers and how they played and came back and it was just frustrating to see the game end like it did. Oh well....I'm kinda glad because that means the Cowboys don't have to play the Packers somewhere down the line.
Tonight I went to a SOSA (Spouses of Student Aviators) get-together and it was Bunco Night. It was actually a lot of fun and it was my first time playing Bunco. It's a dice game that takes no skill what-so-ever. It's all just luck which was awesome because I left winning $52 which is a record by the way! I got to meet a lot of new wives and it was also very informative. I learned that there's a $6000 scholorship for wives to continue their education which means I can get all the fitness and nutrition certifications I've every needed or wanted. I've got to do more research but a lot of the wives have used the money for certifications so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I think it'll be nice to have these women as friends. It wasn't what I was expecting at all and I enjoyed it a lot (winning the money helped too).
Well this weekend we're off to Ocala to see some of the Galloway clan and so Eric can go hunting. I thought it would be fun to go hunting with him until he told me I would have to sit in a treestand, quiet, and in the cold until he shot something......Lost it's appeal with "in the cold!"
Should be fun and we are taking the dogs too so they get to go play with a gigantic dog that they apparently have. Hope Zoe doesn't have an attitude and get eaten.

Well love to everyone and hopefully we'll get to see everyone sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment