Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Venison for Weeks!!!

Well we're back from the hunting experience. We went about an hour from Ocala, Florida which was only about 5 hours from us. We took the dogs and I realized that Zoe still has quite a bit of a temper. She got a little territorial over our "room" and bit another dog. Whoops! We're gonna have to find someway to fix that but it's a lot of her German Shepard breed.








Well the big news is that Eric killed his first deer which is great because it's was his first time deer hunting. "Bambi" was about 100lbs and they think she was a bit older of a doe.












Turns out that "Bambi" was also about to be a momma!

I guess that everyone can say that this Marine is actually a baby killer. Awww.







It was really cool to see them take apart the deer and clean it. Kind of gross but when I got to actually see the muscles it was awesome. I thought it was weird that I don't like blood and I can't watch gorey movies but was fascinated by the anatomy of the deer.

I attempted to go hunting on Sunday morning but let's just say 5am hunting is NOT my thing. I had to wake up early, go sit in a blind with a wet chair and wet jeans and stay quiet and sit still for an hour....I should have known I wouldn't have liked it. I ended up leaving at 7am and walked back to the house to go back to bed and cuddle with my puppies. Later on we watched the Cowboys vs Vikings. Boooo.....enough said.


Today I played Southern Susie Homemaker and am trying to cook this venison. I'm making deer jerky for snacks and we're cooking venison back strap with red potatoes and broccoli tonight for dinner. We have enough meat to eat for weeks.
The jerky marinade ingredients and part of our house in the background


I'm getting more involved in SOSA (Spouses of Student Aviators) and am starting to meet a lot more wives. I've learned a lot more about the resources they have for the military and the families. We had a meeting last night where we got to talk to other pilot's wives and the base commander's wife. It was really interesting to hear some of their "war" stories of life when their husbands were gone. I've got a long meeting to go to on Saturday which is suppose to answer "all" my questions. It better since it's from 8am-3pm on a Saturday.
Eric has one more week of MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) before he gets his grey belt. He'll probably have enough time before he classes up to get his green belt too.
(the levels of belt color are tan-grey-green-brown-black)
We've started talking about me getting a part time job to start putting away for savings. Well......I'm applying to Petland! They apparently have a position in the kennel and they would pay me to keep the kennel clean and play with the puppies...doesn't that sound right up my alley!
I still want to do personal training with the military wives but I want to get a lot more certifications and I have to build my client base before that will really bring in any money. Plus if I do both part time I'll still have time to be home to cook dinner! haha
Well....till next time... love ya'll











No comments:

Post a Comment