So I want to apologize for it taking so long to write the updates. I have less than one week (5 days to be exact) left till my NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) test. I have read every word in all 18 chapters and I'll be using these last few days to review and prep for the test. Most of you know how competitive I am and therefore I don't just want to take the test and barely pass but I really want to walk out of there and know that I crushed the test. Plus I hate that feeling you get when you read a question and you feel like you should know it and then you start doubting your answer....hate that!
I just wasn't expecting to get into how detailed this course is. It's not just a superficial overview of exercise science. It really gets into everything on a more cellular level. Not just that but they then go into all types of medications and how they affect the body. It's interesting and I've had several "ahh-ha" moments but it was a lot to take on in a 1 month span. The book even told me that I should take no less than 3 months to successfully study for this. It is really interesting to read about the techniques I've already used during personal training and "why" they work. I really do enjoy studying for it but it just falls at the end of the day after all the work day, household stuff, and by the time it's studying time...I'm usually struggling to stay awake. Only 5 more days though and I feel pretty good about it.
On another note, Eric is continuing to work his way through Fam and won't have too many more flights if they'll keep scheduling him. He got assigned his on-wings here (his "go-to" instructor pilots) and apparently they are night and day different. One of them is a stickler for all rules and regulations and the other guy just seems to love flying and goes more by the "feeling" and not so much the exact numbers.
It's proving to be a little more intense than Primary and the IP's are making him be a bit more on-point about all the big marks and even the small little marks as well.
My job is going well. It's still really quiet but I'm enjoying most of the people I work with. Maybe it's just because since there's really no talking, the time you get to interact is "special". There were two other military wives (both Navy) that started about the same time I did and we're all still technically in training because of how many types of insurance policies we write. Everything from General Liability to Property to Workers Compensation. All of them have crazy little points and so many legal issues to deal with. At least the money's good!
I promise I'll write more and send an update after the test.
No comments:
Post a Comment