So...the big news! I passed my NASM certification and the test was actually anti-climatic. I felt like the test should have been harder than it was. There were actually several points that the test didn't even cover that the NASM representative told me would be on there. Such as, there was a large chart that had 7 points (feet, knees, hips, etc....), each checkpoint had 3-4 overactive muscles, underactive muscles, stretches, and exercises along with it. They said there would be 8-10 questions and there were only 2 and they were the most basic options.
I can't be upset that the test was easier than I expected but after all the studying and the "stressing" I was expecting something harder.
Overall, YIPPEE....I'm now a certified personal trainer with NASM. So,now I've had a year of experience with training and a little piece of paper (my certification). Unfortunately, Meridian is not the ideal location for a personal trainer. Statistics are showing that Mississippi is the fattest state and it's proven here in Meridian. There's only 3 gyms in town, and only 1 hires personal trainer and they're full with ONLY 1 Personal Trainer....REALLY... the gym only hires 1 personal trainer at a time. It's frustrating because I've seen him train clients and he's not good at all! Just seems like the standard for personal fitness here is set very low.
Plus....personal training would not being able to pay off my car in 4 months like this insurance job will. So...the best thing is now I have this certification and it lasts for 3 years so it'll be there for our next location. I'm still planning on pursuing my fitness company for military spouses when we have a house that can sustain a gym.
On to other news. Eric was suppose to have his first solo today but due to weather...it was cancelled. He did start up the jet...get all ready, and taxi out to the area before he gets approval to take off and the weather report grounded him. He'll try again when the weather gets better. Also, as of now he's talking with a certain IP that wants him to go on his first cross-country to Philadelphia, PA on the weekend of the 20th. So we'll know more as the time gets closer to make sure he's at the appropriate point in training to go.
His next section in flying is called Air Nav. It's basically navigation while in the air flying. It uses a lot of radio instruments again and land points for navigation. There's a lot more in-air time as opposed to FAMS (which he just finished) which is more about the approaches and landing pattern.
We're doing well, I'm able to get back into a normal schedule and get exercising and back to cooking dinner!
We love you all and are excited to see everyone someday soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment