I've also scanned pictures from Eric's "T-45 Combined Multi-Service Pilot Training System" book. Basically it's the syllabus for Advance training. And by the way....a small confusing part of this training. Even though he's in Advanced training here in Meridian it's actually broken into Intermediate training (Phase I) and the real Advance training (Phase II). He's still officially in Phase I and has a couple more blocks of training before he moves into Phase II. Basically Phase I is Primary training (what he did in Milton, FL) but in the jet (as opposed to the T-6). Apparently, from what I've heard from other spouses, Phase II goes by rather quickly (around 4-5 months) and it's jammed packed. Full of DETS (detachments) such as a Carrier Det to Jacksonville, and a Weapons Det to El Centro, CA. Some of those dets may be a couple days and I've heard that some dets can be a couple weeks. I'll know more when we get closer to that.
I try not to ask to many questions about the future being that we really live in the present with flight school. Such as, right now Eric's on a night flight and won't get back till 11pm so I won't really know his schedule for tomorrow until tomorrow morning. I've got options for dinner but won't know if I need to cook anything until it comes time for dinner. I thought I wouldn't like this very much being that I like planning things but it's actually kind of nice because my day to day is so routine (6AM wake up, 7-4 work, etc) that it helps break up the routines.
So I feel like I've been rambling and I'll give you a glimpse of how his syllabus is laid out and you may be able to understand why I never have any straight answers for the "what's next" question.
As you can see, it's more of a matrix then a simple little outline. I'm not sure if you're able to see the actual text since I just pasted it in. Here's an online version of the book for you to open in a PDF format. https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder2/1542.167.pdf . Look at pages 41 and 43 to see the pages. The left side is the Intermediate (Phase I) and right side is Advanced (Phase II). Page 38 and 39 include the flights, classes, sims, and everything. Plus there's a dictionary for acronyms on pages 23-28.
Well...I'm going to try and head to bed kind of early and see if the girls will let me sleep without Eric here. It's so funny how they're on high alert when Eric's not home. Like they feel like they need to protect when he's away and then when he's home they're able to relax and sleep.
We love you all and think of you everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment