Sunday, September 25, 2011

Long Update!

So I'm sorry once again for it being so long for these updates. Since I've posted last we've done a lot. We've been to Texas for Labor Day and MockThanksgiving. Eric's gotten a little flying done (weather hasn't cooperated completely) and we even saw the Lumberjack Festival in Quitman, MS (ohh don't worry, I'll get into that!)
So first off...Our trip to Texas. It was awesome...we'll start there. The biggest hit of the trip was Momma Angela's pool. The dogs loved and I mean LOVED swimming in the pool. Zoe got really good at jumping off the side into the water but Sasha was a little more cautious. She would do it if you really coaxed into it. Otherwise, she'd run all the way around to the stairs to get in and we would hold Zoe back so Sasha could win. I've posted pictures and videos of the girls swimming at www.gallowayadventure.shutterfly.com.
We also had a MockThanksgiving at mom's house and all the family came. We did the whole shabang of ham, sweet potato casserole, rolls, dessert...it was awesome. And there was even football on (Preseason though).
We did go to my favorite Mexican restaurant of all times, Uncle Julio's, and it was just as amazing as I remember. They make their own tortillas so they come out warm and fresh...OHHH YUMMM. We ordered this: Plato Gordo® "A platter full of Uncle Julio's famous mesquite grilled favorites. Marinated beef and chicken fajitas, slow smoked pork ribs and camarones brochette. Served with rice, frijoles a la charra, pico de gallo, fresh guacamole and warm flour tortillas" Everything was amazing....I always get the fajitas when I go so it was awesome to taste a lot more and loved everything.
Although it was a short trip I felt like we got to see a lot of people and fit most things in.
Since we've gotten back I've also been taking a Digital Photography class and feel like I know a lot more on how to use the Nikon D40 camera I got from Heather but there's still so much more. I'd love to really get into it and make it hobby which I don't think many of you will mind because that means a lot more pictures of our day-to-day happenings.
Speaking of our day-to-day, now we'll discuss the Lumberjack Festival!
Wow...first of all, it was random to find this right outside of Meridian, MS. Eric, the girls, and I drove about 30-45 mins south of home to stumble across this pretty big lake and a bunch of flannel and lovely country folk! There was freshly made fried pork skin and plenty of funnel cake for everyone. There was a real life Quitman, MS Glee club singing like angels (sarcasm) and the atmosphere was just classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment