Eric has about 8 flights left in Phase I. He says he should be done this week. Which means he'll probably be starting Real Advanced next week! YIPEE. I'm hearing that Phase II (advanced) usually takes about 3-4 months which makes sense BECAUSE....Eric said he saw his name on the board in Ops (operations) that shows him winging on March 23rd. I say that but there needs to always be the understanding that nothing is set in stone until the wings are actually pinned on his chest!
Since I now have more of an idea, I have been looking into cruises and I was wondering if that's around Spring Break for those with kids in school? We could do just a quick 3-4 day cruise or there's tons of week long cruises that are around $400 for the entire week. Still just a thought. Eric says that he wouldn't be able to know exactly until his orders are cut and they give him an exact date and location on what's next.
Other than the flying, not much more is going on. We're gearing up for the annual Marine Corps Birthday Ball that will actually be on October 21st. They've moved it up from November 10th (the actual Marine Corps birthday) because there's apparently a really large Det that will be going on in El Centro at that time. Granddaddy Marvin and Marvin will actually be heading down here to join us at the ball this year as well.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of news to tell, it's been pretty laid back around here lately.
We love you all and can't wait to see everyone soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment