Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We're still here....

Hello again to all our family and friends who have lost all faith in my blogging ability! We are still here in New Bern and we're doing well. Obviously very busy if I can't get onto here and just write out a couple paragraphs (that's my excuse anyways). Since the last time I've blogged, we've had holidays, a lot more flying, and I got a job! I now work at a cute pet boutique (pet store) in downtown New Bern called Nauti Paws and I love it!!!! It's such a fun part-time job! One of my favorite parts is how many people bring their puppies into the store and I just get to love all over them.
The other big thing that we've been going through over the last month or so is the fact that we're looking into buying or building our very own first home. It's about time to stop renting and become grown-ups. Eric received his web-orders but we still don't have the official paper orders that guarantee we're staying here. From what we're hearing, at this location, the web-orders are just as good as gold here. We've been looking at tons of floor plans and neighborhoods.
And last but not least (and what most are interested in), Eric's flying update! He's working on LAT right now which is Low Altitude Tactics. This is where he's flying approximately 300 feet above the ground and everything moves really fast! At the same time he's learning LAT he's also prepping for his Weapons Det (detachment) in Yuma, AZ. He's leaving next week on the 29th. He'll be out in Yuma for about 5 weeks and will be back at the beginning of March. This Det is basically the last stage of training before he's done with VMAT-203 and joins a Squadron.
Now is a good time that we need to remind everyone about safety. Not to get on my soapbox but I just wanna make sure that we don't post any information about Eric being away from the house for that long period of time. For his safety (and all the guys he's with in Yuma) and especially for my safety. We don't want everyone who may have friends of friends on Facebook to know that I'll be by myself (without Eric) for 5 weeks. It sounds paranoid but we get a lot of stress put on us to practice OPSEC (OPeration SECurity). Figured I'd mention something now because as soon as he comes back from Yuma he'll be close to joining the squadron and has several more Dets and deployments ahead of us.
Now that I feel like I just lectured everyone, I think I'm going to start back slow with my blogging. We love you all and are excited about seeing family more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment