Well lookie here! I'm posting again. I know you're saying to yourself, "So soon, what's the matter?" Well it turns out with Eric in Yuma, I have more free time! Who Knew?!?
I wanted to keep everyone posted on what was going with Eric on detachment to Yuma and the progress we've made on the home front!
First things first....Eric. He made it out to Yuma on Wednesday night (Jan 30th) in the evening. He got lucky in getting out so early because two of the guys got stranded in Georgia because of the storm (apparently there was a tornado right around them) As of last night, they've now joined Eric in Yuma. Well... the rest of the guys still haven't left Cherry Point. Not necessarily due to weather, even though it's crazy windy, but both the refueling planes they fly behind are broken. What are the odds?!? Well apparently, in the Marine Corps, they're pretty good. I think Murphy's Law was invented based off the Marine Corps (Semper Gumby). The good thing about Eric being out there is that he's been able to show off (inadvertently of course). He and Kyle (the other replacement pilot that flew out there when he did) have taken the initiative to get everything set up for when the other guys got there. They've secured all their rooms in the barracks, went and rented a fridge and microwave, and went grocery shopping to stock it. I loved when he told me that because I'd been thinking the past three years that he didn't know how to shop or cook his own food! Guess he'll have more grocery shopping on his horizon when he gets home! (Joking...I still don't want to be eating PB&J all the time). The IP's (instructor pilots) were very impressed by their initiative and told them they've never had someone get on the ball that fast after landing. Way to go Eric!
Now as far as my part. I'm working a little more than usual since Eric's gone and making that paycheck because we are BUYING A HOUSE. Well, more like building a house. Eric gave me his opinions before he left and now it's up to me. I've filed all the financial paperwork and we've been approved for our dream home. We went to this neighborhood called River Bluffs that Eric fell in love with. It's an existing neighborhood with the comfortable feel and trees and space between houses. That was Eric's criteria. We looked at about 8 or 9 different floor plans and found my perfect house! It's a bit bigger than we were expecting but after talking numbers, it was actually a little below our budget. There's 3 different lots that we're looking at and I'm going on Sunday to talk to with the Surveyor about those lots and the placement of the house for each one. I've walked the house that's technically sold (closes next week) and taken tons of pictures. There's a couple changes we'd like to make to it so when you look at the pictures keep in mind that it's not our exact house. Our real estate agent (who we love) is also a builder himself so he's amazing to talk to about structural changes. He knows our developer/builder well and can negotiate with him about some of the upgrades. We've walked the house floor plan a lot and I've brought lists and pictures to give him an idea of the space and how we intend to use each area. Our agent and myself will be headed to Jacksonville to talk with the builder on Wednesday and start picking out and negotiating the changes. Overall I feel very good about this and having Eric in Yuma may be a blessing because it causes us to slow down, think everything through because we have to send the forms back and forth so it's not necessarily an overnight venture.
Here are the pictures I've taken and posted to our shutterfly share page:
http://gallowayadventure.shutterfly.com/pictures/1789
Here's the floorplan of the house we fell in love with.
http://www.askforterri.com/floorplans/JADE.pdf (keep in mind that this floor plan is flipped)
The zillow ad for the existing home that's sold:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/233-Easterly-Dr-New-Bern-NC-28560/2117453344_zpid/
Well that's all I have for now. I'll post more when I know more! We love you all and can't wait to have enough visitors to fill up all 6 bedrooms!!!
Laura & Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment