So Eric is on his way to California right now to do the centrifuge training tomorrow at NAS Lemoore. He got up at 0300 to get all ready and I was up at 0400 to take him to the airport (don't worry I came back home and got a couple more hours of sleep). He'll be gone till the morning of the 11th but while he's gone, the packing and preparing must go on. I've successfully packed up his office (and all his E.P.s, books, pubs) and the guest room. Today I'm going to work on breaking down the cable machine in the gym to make space for boxes.
Not sure if it will have a place in the new home because we don't have a garage and it's just soo big but it has to be broken apart into pieces that can move. After the gym is apart I'll be able to start clearing out rooms and cleaning them as I go. After clean I can close them off and move on to the next room. I'm going to work on packing up everything even though we still don't have orders to leave here or check into NAS Meridian. Our new house will be ready for us at 1pm on Wednesday the 16th and hopefully we'll be packing up a Uhaul on the 15th and driving the 4 hours to Meridian that Tuesday night. As of right now from news that I've found online, it looks like the Commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. James Amos, is in front of Congress today to discuss the budget along with Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead. I've found the website http://www.thehill.com/ and it's actually the newest information that I've been able to find out there. Several articles on thehill.com are saying that Congress has till March 18th to finalize a budget or everything goes on hold. We're already on hold because without that budget agreed upon there's no money to issue orders which makes the world go round in our house. Without those orders we can't move from here, Eric can't check out of NAS Whiting, we can't fill out ANY paperwork regarding the move, and Eric can't check into NAS Meridian. Once again this is the "Hurry Up & Wait" idea that is so prevalent in the military. (Here are the two article's I was reference above. House and Senate panels prepare to grill top Navy, Marine Corps leaders and The Week Ahead: Shutdown, the sequel.)On another note, we no longer own Deuce (the ball python). He wasn't very happy in our house with all the moving around and the dogs running around and we knew that we couldn't always give him a stable home. When we move to Meridian I wasn't able to find a place that sells feeder rats so not sure how we would have been able to feed him. Plus after Meridian, we could be going to Hawaii or Japan and how do you take a snake around the world??? So through a friend of a friend we found a good 'ol boy who breeds ball pythons and has around 100. He agreed to take Deuce and all of his belongings and take care of him for us.
I'm going to get back to packing and I hope to be able to inform you soon on how Eric's centrifuge training went.
Love you all and can't wait to see ya.

No comments:
Post a Comment