Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Packing and Finally Moving!!!

So as most have heard from texts or family....we're finally moving!

It's been about a month since Eric finished Primary and selected but things are finally on a roll. Eric got his orders on Monday the 28th which was a blessing because that was our cut-off date with our new landlords before we were to loose the house and our security deposit. They weren't being too cooperative and definitely not understanding about the ways of the Marine Corps but I guess it was rightfully so to protect their investment.  It was such a relief to be able to call them on Monday and say...."We're moving and you don't get to keep our deposit, nana nana boo boo"! Joking.....I didn't really say that but we did get definite days for moving in place. So now I can officially say our new address in Mississippi is:
2209 43rd St
Meridian, MS 39305
The house is centrally located between town and NAS Meridian. We have friends that live about 3 miles down Poplar Springs and it only takes about 20 mins to get to base. Housing there is limited so I feel really blessed that everything has worked out and we're going to move into this house.
The plan for moving is as such. Eric will check out of NAS Whiting Field on Monday the 4th (yes, that's only 6 days away) and he'll pick up the Uhaul on his way home so we'll have it at the house and ready to start packing it up on Monday afternoon. We'll finish packing through Tuesday morning and we have our "final pass though" at 10am with the housing director here and then we hand over our keys and we're off. It only takes about three and a half hours to drive there by car but with a 26' Uhaul and the car tow (that Eric will be driving) it'll probably take four to four and a half hours to drive. We'll drive straight to the property manager's office and pick up the keys then time to unload the Uhaul and cars!!!! As far as help with packing and unpacking, well we won't know about that until the day before. See everything here is last minute. Students don't know what they're doing the next day until the schedule comes out at about 6pm the night before. So we'll know the night before we move if anybody will be able to help us move or if they're all flying and finishing up. The other thing is that most of the guys who were finishing up when Eric selected said they would help but now because we've waited for a month for the orders then they've finished and have orders and are moving soon too! Eric and I would be able to move everything ourselves but it's soo much easier having several big guys help load furniture while I keep packing and cleaning.

I wanted to thank everyone who's been praying for us during this time because those prayers have paid off. God has shown that he takes care of all things and to rely on him and trust in his plan. I found this scripture that was short and sweet but straight to the point with how I feel.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
~Romans 12:12 

Once again, we love everyone and can't wait for a break in Eric's training so we can come visit!  
 
P.S. Once we move I'll be making a new blog titled "Making the Most of Mini Meridian". It'll still be located at gallowayadventure.blogspot.com but it'll just be a new folder within the main blog. I'll also be able to answer questions in regards to Advance and the training he'll start there when we get there and are submersed in that lifestyle. One big thing to know is that we only know what the Marine Corps chooses to tell us and usually that's just enough to get by on.

No comments:

Post a Comment