Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Updated On Trip and Update On Life

So first and formost we've changed one thing about the trip to NC. We're no longer driving to New Bern since Brian will be able to come home that week so we're heading straight from Pensacola to Charlotte.
Here's a new calendar and map since I know everyone lives off of them like I do! haha (once again if you just click on the calendar it will open up to a larger picture so you can read it)

So for Valentine's day we celebrated early on the Friday before. I was craving The Melting Pot so I got us reservations but the only way to get the reservations is if we had a party of 4. So we invited the VanWingerdens along and had us a little "married couple double date". It was a lot of fun and I love eating there so it was a great pre-Valentine's Day. For Valentine's day itself Eric did the usual spread rose petals around the table and set up the wine glasses. I knew I was definetly married to Eric because the second I opened the door he had Top Gun BLASTING on the TV and speakers. We made T-bones and sweet potatos and it was nice and laid back.
Eric has about another week and one weekend before EWS (expeditionary warfare school) which he'll one day need to be promoted from a Captain to a Major. The Marine Corps thought it would be a good thing to do now since he's just waiting to class up for API. After that he may go on to get his green belt in MCMAP (if he's still waiting to class up).
Well we finally broke down and got cable in the house. Basically so we could watch the Olympics. I went yesterday to sign up and they came out today to "flip the switch" but apparently something's wrong. So we don't have cable and they aren't able to send a tech out till Monday the 22nd. The good thing about it is since we have "cable" service with them now we can stream the Olympics online at nbcolympics.com. So atleast there's some good in it.

By the way I got the best cookbook in the world. It's Rival Crock Pot - Best-loved Slow Cooker Recipes. I don't normally buy cookbooks but I looked through this one in the store and found about 20 recipes that I wanted so I figured I'd get it. I made Fried Onion baked chicken with mashed potatos and green beans tonight (SOO good...will be making that one a lot). Tomorrow we're making pork loin with rice and spinach. I'm starting to get excited about cooking and coming up with new recipes.

That's all for now. I'll write when something exciting actually happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment