So last time I wrote I was talking about employment for myself here in Meridian. I've talked to both the insurance company and also the gym on base. I've chosen the insurance company based on location and pay. The gym on base is still about 20 mins away and they were only willing to pay $7.50/hr. That would barely cover gas to get there and back and the hours would be very akward since they open so early and are open on weekends of course. With the insurance company they're going to paying me quite well for basically data entry. It seems like a quiet little office where everyone is close knit. There are two other military wives starting with me so hopefully I'll be able to relate quickly with co-workers. Our goal for me taking this job is to hopefully get rid of some of our car & college debt while we're here. I'll take the employment now since you never know where we're going next and what the options will be there. I'm still working on getting my personal training certification and I'll have to take the test by August 9th so I'll be pretty busy around here for a while. It's been nice being able to relax since we've gotten to Meridian but I just get so bored and I like bringing in income as well.
Eric's doing well. Still hasn't had his first flight yet but he's getting his sims in and is getting closer by the day. He actually had to get all dressed up in his blues today to go to a Change of Command on base. The XO (Executive Officer) of VT-9 is now the CO (Commanding Officer) and there is now a new XO. What that means for Eric is that some things are going a little slower right now because they're working through all the kinks that this change has brought about.
He also had his interview with the FBI in regards to his secret clearance (not sure what level) so who knows, anyone of you could be getting a call from the FBI in regards to this as well.
Other than that...not much more has changed around here. Just trying to stay cool in the Mississippi heat and we did our first cookout last weekend to commemorate Memorial Day.
We love you all and can't wait to see everyone (hopefully soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment